Our client is a long established privately owned British multi-national manufacturing Group. Headquartered in the UK, the Group manufactures from sites across Europe, North America, Mexico, China and Malaysia.
- Reporting directly to the Group MD, the main function of this role will be to serve as the Company’s principal technical expertise in the manufacture and application capabilities of a broad portfolio of Technical Textiles, including technical nonwoven needle felt, thermally bonded nonwovens and hydro entangled media, providing technological guidance and support Group-wide and with customers.
- The role will require you to utilise your experience to leverage Group-wide synergies and integration potential and to provide detailed technical input at the initiation stage of new projects and customer-led developments.
- The role will include dotted line responsibility for a small team of subsidiary based technical leads, co-ordinating technical textile advancements Group-wide and providing technical input to Commercial initiatives.
- A technical textile professional, you will be first degree qualified in an appropriate technical discipline – which might include B.Eng, Polymer Chemistry or Materials Sciences, and your practical experience should include hands on exposure to technically agile environments and a solid exposure to dry &/or liquid filtration.
- Capable of building collaborative relationships with Group technical and commercial teams, you will possess strong commercial acumen, and be able to make a positive impact on external customer relationships.
- Significant travel will be a feature of the role and you would need to be able to undertake regular travel in Europe, Asia and North America.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity for significant career progression.